CDBL Scholarship Application 2019
The Central District Baseball League is proud to announce (2) $500 scholarship for graduating Central High School seniors who have played at least (2) seasons in the CDBL.
To financially assist graduating Central High School (CHS) seniors pursuing further education.
2. Amount/Payment Method
- A $500 Scholarship will be awarded to two ( 2) CDBL Scholarship Applicants [ total of $1,000.];
- The Scholarships will be awarded at the CHS Senior Award ceremony
- Student must have been a registered participant of CDBL for at least two (2) full seasons;
- Applicant must be a graduating senior at Central High School;
- The Applicant must have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale at the time of application and maintained through graduation;
- The applicant must be accepted to a two (2) or four (4) year undergraduate program at a vocational training facility, community college or college or university;
- Only those students making applications will be considered;
- Completed applications, including current CHS transcript, must be received at the League’s PO Box noted below no later than March 1, 2020
4. Selection Committee
- The Scholarship Committee shall consist of at least three (3) CDBL Board Members;
- The Committee Members shall not be related to any Applicant ;
- If in the judgment of the Committee the applicants do not fulfill the necessary qualification, the Scholarship may not be awarded;
- The Committee will review the applications, select two Scholarship winners and present their selection to the CDBL Board of Directors;
- The Committee’s selections must be approved by the CDBL Board of Directors that have voting rights, in attendance at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
5. Dates of Application and Awarding of Scholarships
- Applications must be completed in full, including a copy of current CHS transcript, and received by April 15, 2019 at the League’s address as follows:
PO Box 5551
Elgin, IL 60123-5551
Attn: Scholarship Committee
- Application forms may be obtained from CHS guidance Office or online at the link here.
- The scholarships are supplemental to any other form of scholarships, grants, aid etc. and therefore, the CDBL Scholarships will not jeopardize the applicant’s ability to receive these other forms;
- Final Grade transcript from Central High School must be submitted to the CDBL Board of Directors before the payment will be made to the institute of higher learning;
- The scholarships are non-transferable and non-recurring;
- CDBL reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship award for certain conduct that reflects poorly on the League (at the Committee’s sole discretion).